- Our story
- Our values
- Our centres
- Our expertise
- Our organisation
- Our partners
- Our commitments
- people&baby international
People&baby bilingual daycares
Pioneers in innovation within the daycare sector in France, people&baby has developed a network of bilingual international daycares in constant expansion.
- A network of more than 110 bilingual international daycares
- More than 2000 children enrolled
- Close to 700 professionals with half of them bilingual or native
Bilingual daycare : for who ?
In France, the reasons which motivate families to choose a bilingual daycare for their child are numerous, but most of the time it concerns :
- Families from various cultures, who don’t speak French and find it is easier to communicate in English, for the parents and the child.
- Families who wish to immerse their child, from a very young age, in an environment promoting foreign language learning and the discovery of other cultures.
What is a bilingual daycare ?
- The majority of our centers are bilingual in French and English, but there are also some bilingual daycares enabling a language immersion in Spanish, Italian and German.
- The teams are made up with at least 50% of professionals speaking fluently a second language and of one native professional.
- The approach is playful: the language discovery takes place during activities (songs, nursery rhymes, stories, puppets…) and throughout the daily routines (meals, changing time…)
Language awakening incorporate the child in a cultural and linguistic diversity: “other languages and sounds exist”.