- Our story
- Our values
- Our centres
- Our expertise
- Our organisation
- Our partners
- Our commitments
- people&baby international
The people&baby Foundation for Childhood
As part of its desire to make its social responsibility commitments more concrete, people&baby created a foundation for childhood in 2012 under the aegis of the Fondation de France.
Chaired by people&baby founders Odile Broglin and Christophe Durieux, the people&baby Foundation for Childhood has a mission to research educational and pedagogical practices around the world and offer financial support to childcare centres in developing countries.
people&baby Foundation Mission
Researching educational and pedagogical practices
- Visiting Early Childhood organisations around the world,
- Recognising and encouraging a diversity of educational and pedagogical practices,
- Communicating good practices and favouring professional openness in early childhood education.
Financial support for childcare centres in developing countries
- Facilitating the creation of early childhood facilities
- Supporting Early Childhood facilities facing financial hardship: administrative and financial support for balancing budgets and maintaining long-term financial health
Major people&baby Foundation Projects
2020: Project with the association Solidarity Batoto France-Congo
- In the Democratic Republic of Congo, the People & Baby Foundation is creating a daycare in the Mitendi district (municipality of Mont-Ngafula) in partnership with the Solidarité Batoto France-Congo association. Opened in February 2021, this structure welcomes children of young unmarried mothers who wish to undergo training to learn a trade.
2019: Project with Les Enfants du Soleil in Madagascar
- Creation of a community childcare centre in Antsirabe, Madagascar: including architecture, funding, and designing the centre.
- Skill sharing initiatives.
2018: Project with the NGO Mamère and the Ivoirian government
- Creation of a centre with 70 spaces in the village of Aboudé-Kouassikro (second community childcare centre in the country): architecture, funding of major construction, and centre design.
- Training for early childhood professionals in health, first aid, and education.
2016/2017: Project with Les Enfants du Soleil in Madagascar
- Childcare centre design for four centres operated by “Les Enfants du Soleil”, located in work assistance centres.
- Development of an educational mission based on the senses and free access to play spaces.
- Training for mothers’ assistants and young mothers to improve health, safety, and education for children.
2015/2016: “Baby Ivoire” Project in partnership with the Institut National de Formation Sociale (INFS)
- Co-financing of a pilot childcare centre with 50 spaces within the INFS, the only school in the country that trains students to become Early Childhood Development professionals.
- Assistance in bringing the project to term thanks to knowledge sharing: optimisation of architecture, building a business plan, and designing an appropriate educational mission.
2014: Project in partnership with Make a Wish
- Making hospitalised children’s wishes related to their interests and career dreams come true.
2013: “Babylonia” Project with Sorriso no Moro
- Funding a childcare centre in a favela in Rio de Janeiro.
- people&baby staff trained the educational team
- Hosted the centre director in France so she could learn about people&baby educational and pedagogical practices.
2013: “Etudiantes Saint Honoré” Project in collaboration with the Centre de Formation Saint-Honoré
- Study and report on social and family policies in Sweden.
- Meeting with local Early Childhood professionals.
- Learning about Reggio Emilia.
people&baby Foundation news
18 May 2018: The people&baby Foundation helped create a national childcare centre in Cambodia
12 January 2017: The people&baby Foundation provided assistance to Sorriso no Moro
12 May 2016: The Abidjan centre is coming along …