- Our story
- Our values
Our daycare centres
- Our educational project
- Our pedagogical project
- Our art & nature workshops
- Food quality
- Our teams of professionals
- The relationship with parents
- Virtual tour of a daycare centre
- Hygiene, well-being and safety in daycare centres
- A typical day in a daycare centre
- People&baby bilingual daycare centres
- Summer Camp
- List of centres
- Our expertise
- Our organisation
- Our partners
- Our commitments
- people&baby international
The people&baby Foundation for Children
In 2012, under the aegis of the Fondation de France, people&baby set up the people&baby Foundation for Children.
Chaired by Odile Broglin and Christophe Durieux, founders of people&baby, the mission of the people&baby pour l'enfance Foundation is to research and study educational and teaching practices around the world and to provide financial support for childcare facilities in developing countries.
people&baby Foundation Mission
Researching educational and pedagogical practices
- Visiting Early Childhood organisations around the world,
- Recognising and encouraging a diversity of educational and pedagogical practices,
- Communicating good practices and favouring professional openness in early childhood education.
Financial support for childcare centres in developing countries
- Facilitating the creation of early childhood facilities
- Supporting Early Childhood facilities facing financial hardship: administrative and financial support for balancing budgets and maintaining long-term financial health
The missions of the people&baby Foundation
Research and study of educational and pedagogical practices
- To meet with organisations in the Early Childhood sector around the world,
- To recognise and promote the diversity of educational and teaching practices,
- Transcribe best practices and promote professional openness in the educational care of young children.
Financial support for childcare facilities in developing countries
- Encouraging the creation of childcare facilities for young children
- Supporting childcare facilities in financial difficulty: administrative and financial support to help them return to and maintain a balanced budget over the long term.
The people&baby Foundation's major projects
2023: Solidarity trip to the Ivory Coast
- 14 people&baby employees travelled to the town of Aboudé Kaouassi in the Ivory Coast to equip, train and fit out a daycare centre for 170 children. Seven emotional days during which the volunteers, chosen for their complementary skills, created an environment conducive to the development and learning of children aged 0 to 6 years old.
2022: Project with the association Les enfants du soleil in Madagascar
- Construction of another structure in Antsirabé for the women of the CAT de Vironneau, accommodating 40 children aged 0 to 6 years old. Monitoring the construction, manufacturing the equipment, training the teams and fitting out the spaces.
2021 : Project with the Solidarité Batoto France-Congo association
- In the Democratic Republic of Congo, the people&baby Foundation is setting up a daycare centre in the Mitendi district (commune of Mont-Ngafula) in partnership with the Solidarité Batoto France-Congo association. Opening in February 2021, the facility takes in the children of young mothers who want to train to learn a trade.
2019 : Project with the Planète Enfants & Développement association in Phnom Penh
- Creation of a 50-place daycare centre, adapted to the constraints of the capital's working families, due to open at the end of the year.
- An innovative childcare solution for the country and a place where 0-6 year olds can develop and flourish.
- A place for young parents to learn: parenting support sessions and meetings for the child-parent-educator trio.
2019 : Project with the association Les enfants du soleil in Madagascar
- Creation of a social daycare centre in Antsirabé, Madagascar (CAT de Vercors): architectural project, financing and fitting out of the daycare centre.
- Skills sponsorship actions.
2018 : Project with the Mamère NGO and the Ivorian government
- Creation of a 70-place daycare centre in the village of Aboudé-Kouassikro (the second social daycare centre in the country): completion of the architectural project, financing of the structural work and fitting out of the daycare centre.
- Training early childhood professionals in good hygiene, care and education practices.
2018 : Project with the Cambodian government
- Participation in the creation of a daycare centre reference system to organise the care of under-threes in Cambodia: operation, implementation of an educational project tailored to the needs of 0-3 year olds, layout of spaces, recruitment and training of teams, etc.
- Creation of a 20-place pilot daycare centre in a textile factory in Phnom Penh.
2016/2017: Project with the association Les enfants du soleil in Madagascar
- Fitting out of four daycare centres run by the association "Les enfants du soleil" located in the heart of the centres d'aide par le travail (CAT).
- Development of an educational project based on awakening the senses and free access to play areas.
- Training for childcare assistants and young mothers to ensure better care for children in terms of hygiene, safety and education.
2015/2016 : "Baby lvoire" project in partnership with the Institut National de Formation Sociale (INFS).
- Co-financing of a 50-place pilot daycare centre on the premises of the INFS, the only school in the country that trains its students in early childhood professions.
- Support in carrying out the project through the sharing of expertise: optimisation of the architectural project, construction of the business plan and development of an appropriate educational project.
2014: "Once upon a time, wishes were passions" project in partnership with Make a Wish
- Fulfilment of wishes for hospitalised children in connection with their passions and career plans.
2013: "Babylonia" project with the Sorriso no Moro association
- Funding for a daycare centre in a favela in Rio de Janeiro.
- Training of the educational team by people&baby employees.
- The director of the daycare centre was welcomed to France to learn about people&baby's educational and teaching practices.
2013: "Etudiantes Saint Honoré" project in partnership with the Centre de Formation Saint-Honoré.
- Study and report on social and family policy in Sweden.
- Meeting with local early childhood professionals.
- Discover the Reggio Emilia pedagogy.
people&baby Foundation news
16 February 2021: The People & Baby Foundation inaugurates a daycare in Kinshasa, Congo
18 May 2018: The people&baby Foundation helped create a national childcare centre in Cambodia
12 January 2017: The people&baby Foundation provided assistance to Sorriso no Moro
12 May 2016: The Abidjan centre is coming along …